BakersfieldPACE for Seniors provides an array of services to the elderly population that are underserved and lack the appropriate self-sustaining support. Among these various services is our Social Services Department.
Our Social Services Department includes experience staff with a Masters in Social Work and Bachelors in Social Services who provide the following type of services:
• Initial, Semi-Annual and Annual Assessments (determination of elopement, suicide, and provision of mental health services)
• Mental Health Counseling (conflict resolution, re-direction, bereavement, coping skills, acceptance of illness and process of feelings)
• Crisis Intervention (interpersonal, trauma, and psychosocial stressors)
• Case Management (assistance with Medi-Cal, SSI, housing, food and community resources.)
• Advocacy and Empowerment
The Social Services Department is a vital integrate to the Interdisciplinary Team. We are the voice and resonating sound bar for those that have limited to no social support. On a daily basis the social workers (MSWs) and case managers (BSWs) work together to restore, encourage, and promote a better livelihood for our underserved, disabled, and elderly population.
This is achieved in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT). Every morning and afternoon the IDT meets to provide updates, approve services, and discuss participants’ services and needs. Some of the various ways that the Social Services Department empowers and advocates on the behalf of participants is by providing assistance with following:
• Service Delivery Request(s)
The Social Services department strives to make a difference in our participants lives by ensuring all of above services are provided in timely and effective manner. Our ultimate objective is to ensure the respect, and dignity and worth of our participants is preserved.